The 1.8 update for Minecraft has been leaked on to the internets. But instead of crying like most game companies, they’ve decided to encourage people to grab it and test it out before the official release. What nice chaps.
You can grab the files here.
This is going to be a huge change for the game. Which is very much needed. There are only so many underground rape dens a man can build before he gets bored.
Also check out our server and come play… I have some stuff to show you…
(Also more details of the update in the read more)
- Biomes are MUCH larger and uniform than before
- Swamp biome was added to the list of existing biomes
- look for vines on trees! – Vines Can be collected with shears, in the manner of leaf blocks. Vines will grow on any surface they are placed on
- Beef and Chicken added
- Strongholds – spawn once per world
- Ruins (basically strongholds on the ground)
- Giant mushrooms (Do not generate yet)
- Creative mode Allows flying, insta-break, unlimited items from an item palette, no damage, and more
- Abandoned mine shafts
- Endermen Normally passive, these night-spawning mobs will teleport to (and attack) you if you look directly at them. When defeated, they can drop Ender Pearls, which presently do nothing
- Bow charging Variable damage with charge, can also land critical hits. Additionally, attacks can crit if you hit a player or mob when descending from a jump
- Sprinting Run faster, knock mobs back that are hit during a sprint
- appears to deplete the hunger bar faster
- New high-quality Main Menu
- Chest animation (lids open, close)
- Player list on SMP; Server listings
- Setting gamemode on SMP “/gamemode username 0/1″, 1 being Creative and 0 being Survival
- Hunger Depletes slowly over time, can be filled by eating food. At 9 more more bars, you will regenerate health slowly.
- Eating animation
- Arrows stick to mobs
- Xp bar (Gain xp from killing mobs and other players)
- New lighting engine (Colored lights, smoother lighting)
- Clouds are now at the ceiling of the world
- Cave spiders
- Zombies drop rotten flesh, which can be consumed
- Watermelons (as well as watermelon and pumpkin seeds)
- Glass panes These can be crafted at a crafting table by making a 3×2 grid of Glass Blocks – makes 16 panes. These panes can be placed in lines, corners and crosses, and they will adjoin with the nearest adjacent block.
- Iron Bars Created by making a 3×2 grid of iron ingots at a crafting table. Can be placed in the same manner as glass panes – Brick, Stone Brick stairs
- Smooth stone brick Can be crafted by placing Stone in a 2×2 grid, makes 4 Stone Bricks – F6 & F7 Adjust the time of day when pressed/held